Royal National Park
There are alerts raised for Royal National Park
as at Wed, 01 Apr 2020 16:53:30 +1100
Closed areas: Royal National Park Visitor Centre and other areas closed
The following parts of Royal National Park are closed until further notice to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff:
- Wattamolla Beach precinct, including the carpark, lagoon and picnic area
- Garie Beach precinct, with no lifeguard patrols present
- Garawarra Farm carpark (Figure 8 Pools access)
- Bonnie Vale picnic area and campground
- All campgrounds
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
Other areas of the park currently remain open, including:
- Audley Dance Hall cafe is offering a takeaway service and card payments are preferred
- Walking tracks remain open however, please remember that social distancing and gathering size limits apply in Royal National Park.
This situation may change at short notice, and changes will be posted here.
You can still contact us by phone on 02 9542 0648 for further information. Please check our COVID-19 update
for more information.Other planned events: Figure Eight Pools - check the wave risk forecast before visiting
If you’re thinking about visiting Figure Eight Pools, stay safe and check our webpage before you go. Our new wave risk forecast tool
will show you the best day and time to visit and can predict ocean conditions 4 days in advance. For more information please call the Royal National Park Visitor Centre on 02 9542 0648.Safety alerts: Audley precinct in wet weather
Access across the Audley Weir may be closed due to river flooding during times of wet weather. During wet weather, NPWS advise park visitors to visit Live Traffic NSW to ascertain the status of the Weir crossing before commencing their travel to the park. During times of closure, access to Bundeena, Maianbar residential areas, Royal National Park Visitor Centre, including the Audley Dance hall and cafe, is via McKell Ave Waterfall.