Royal National Park
There are alerts raised for Royal National Park
as at Tue, 20 Apr 2021 13:15:18 +1000
Closed areas: Royal Coast track partial closure
Parts of Royal Coast track will be closed from 6am, Wednesday 21 April to midnight, Friday 23 April 2021 for a large scale hazard reduction burn between Wattamolla and Marley.
The closed areas are:
- The section of Royal Coast track between Marley North Headland and Garie Beach North Headland
- Big Marley and Little Marley Beach
- Marley track including Deer Pool
- Little Marley fire trail
- Wattamolla picnic area, Beach and Lagoon.
- Wattamolla Road
- Curra Moors trail and Curra Moors track
- Curracurrang, Curracurrong and Eagle Rock.
- Garie Beach and picnic area will remain open, however there is no walking track access north, along Royal Coast track from Garie Beach.
Please also note:
- There will be stop/slow traffic control on Sir Bertram Stevens Drive between Bundeena Drive and Wattamolla Road whilst fire crews are working
- There will be stop/slow traffic control on Bundeena Drive between the intersection with Sir Bertram Stevens Drive and Little Marley fire trail whilst fire crews are working
- Signs will be in place around closed areas
- You can still access Wedding Cake Rock from Bundeena but they cannot walk further south than Marley Headland
- You can still access Figure Eight Pools From Otford but they cannot continue north past Garie Beach
- If you plan on camping at North Era or wishing to walk on the Royal Coast track during this time, please be aware of other coast track closures at Burning Palms (see separate alert on this page).
These closures may be extended if the track cannot be safely reopened on Saturday 24 April 2021. Please check this page closer to the date for up-to-date information on closed areas.
Penalties apply for non-compliance
. For more information, contact the Royal National Park Visitor Centre on 02 9542 0648.Other planned events: Honeymoon track installation
A new section of Honeymoon track is being installed from the new amenities block to the start of the current Honeymoon track. The area of construction will be fenced off, however access to the existing Honeymoon track will not be affected.Closed areas: Bonnie Vale campground
Bonnie Vale campground is currently closed to allow for the remediation of asbestos containing material surfacing onsite. It will remain closed until further notice.
Penalties apply for non-compliance
. For more information please visit:
You can also visit the NSW National Parks safety page
for park safety guidelines.
Bonnie Vale picnic area and Bonnie Vale boat ramp are open and safe for visitors.Closed areas: The Coast track at Burning Palms - major upgrade
The Coast track at Burning Palms will be subject to closures due to a major upgrade taking place from Monday 22 March to 30 June 2021.
The track will be closed every Monday (8am) to Thursday (4pm) during the closure period. The track will remain open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
These works will affect access to:
- Figure 8 Pools
- Palm Jungle loop track
- The Coast track between Burning Palms and Otford lookout
For further information please visit the Environment, Energy and Science website
or contact the Royal National Park Visitors Centre on 02 9542 0648.Closed areas: Audley boatshed - conservation and repair works
The Audley Boatshed will be undergoing important conservation and repair works. Boat hire is suspended and the boatshed, its slipway and a part of the carpark to the west will be closed during this period. Allambie Flat picnic area and carpark remains open. Details on these works are available from the Audley Precinct upgrades webpage
For more information please call the Royal National Park Visitor Centre on 02 9542 0648.