Watagans National Park
There are alerts raised for Watagans National Park
as at Sat, 25 May 2019 09:59:29 +1000
Other planned events: Port to Port mountain bike event
Expect large numbers of mountain bike riders on main roads in Watagans National Park and Jilliby State Conservation Area on Saturday 25 May 2019. From 8.30am to 4.30pm, be prepared to encounter riders and other support vehicles that are part of a mountain bike event.
Be wary, drive safely and be aware of road conditions. Roads in both parks are narrow in places so take care.
- Starts from the State Forest mountain bike track on Mount Faulk Road
- Proceeds north, uphill along Mount Faulk Road to the intersection of Watagan Forest Road
- Continues left along this main road, past Boarding House Dam into Jilliby State Conservation Area, then into Olney State Forest
- Turns left downhill along Prickly Ridge Road, past Muirs lookout
- Then turns left into Cut Rock Road, where riders leave the park and head into private property
For more information, call the NPWS Lake Munmorah office on 02 4972 9000.Closed areas: Click Creek fire trail and Slippery Rock Road
Click Creek fire trail is closed due to extensive storm damage. The trail will remain closed until maintenance works can be completed. Slippery Rock Road is closed due to eroded surfaces making conditions unsafe. The road will reopen, subject to conditions, once maintenance work is completed. Penalties apply for non-compliance
For more information, please contact the NPWS Lakes area office on (02) 4972 9000 or visit the NSW National Parks safety page
for park safety guidelines.Safety alerts: Access to park during wet weather
Roads in Watagans National Park are unsealed, and accessible by 2WD in dry conditions only. 4WDs should be used at all other times. Gates and roads may be temporarily closed to prevent damage when wet. Please contact the NPWS Lake Munmorah area office on 02 4972 9000 for more information.