Garigal National Park
Largely following Middle Harbour Creek and stretching from Seaforth in the south to St Ives in the north Garigal National Park is hidden through Sydney's Northern suburbs. Despite how close it is to large urban centres Garigal is quite beautiful with lots of different walking and cycling tracks. For those just wishing to picnic Davidson Reserve is a great spot just next to Middle Harbour Creek, under the Roseville Bridge.
There are alerts raised for Garigal National Park
as at Thu, 02 Jul 2020 18:11:14 +1000
Other planned events: Forestville office is closed until further notice
Forestville office is closed until further notice to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff. You can still contact us by phone or email for information.
Passes can be purchased online or by phone:
- NPWS website
- Service NSW when renewing your NSW vehicle registration. This includes $15 discount on a 1 year All Parks Pass or 1 year Multi Parks Pass.
National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757Other planned events: 1080 pest management
NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service is doing 1080 ground baiting using manufactured baits, fresh baits and Canid Pest Ejectors (CPEs) in Garigal National Park.
The program is continuous and ongoing between 1 February 2020 and 31 July 2020. All baiting locations will be identifiable by signs. Don’t touch baits or ejector devices. Penalties apply for non-compliance
Please be reminded that domestic pets are not permitted on NPWS estate. Pets and working dogs may be affected (1080 is lethal to cats and dogs). Pets and working dogs must be restrained or muzzled in the vicinity and must not enter the baiting location. In the event of accidental poisoning seek immediate veterinary assistance.
Fox baiting in these reserves is aimed at reducing their impact on threatened species.
For more information, contact the local park office on:
Closed areas: Casuarina Track closed between Boree Road and Davidson picnic area
- Forestville on 02 9451 3479 (business hours)
- NPWS after-hours call centre: 1300 056 294 (after hours)
Casuarina track between Carrol Creek and Davidson Picnic area, Forestville is closed indefinitely due to the removal of the stairway down to the picnic area after safety concerns. Lyrebird track is the recommended alternative access which connects to the Governor Philip Walk or Ferguson Street. Penalties apply for non-compliance
. For more information, please call the NPWS Forestville office on 02 9451 3479 or visit the NSW National Parks safety page
for park safety guidelines.Closed areas: Flat Rock track - partial closure
A section of Flat Rock track - from the Killarney Drive entrance to the Downpatrick Street entrance - is currently closed until further notice due to track safety issues where the track passes through private property near Killarney Point:
- Walkers heading west should exit Flat Rock track at the eastern end of Killarney Drive and use Killarney Drive until you reach Downpatrick Street. Then walk down the street and re-enter Flat Rock track from the Downpatrick Street fire trail.
- Walkers heading east should exit Flat Rock track at the Downpatrick Street fire trail and use Downpatrick Street, then Killarney Drive until you reach the end of Killarney Drive. Re-enter Flat Rock track from the Killarney Drive entrance.
For more information, please contact the NPWS Ku-ring-gai Chase area Forestville office on (02) 9451 3479.